Q: Using Pro*C with SQLNet

From: Tang Wai Shing Wilson <cswstang_at_cs.ust.hk>
Date: 1995/11/21

Hi there,

This should be a simple question but I can't find in the FAQ.

I'm working very well with the SQLNet V2 together with the oracle tools
(like SQLPlus) after setting the env var TNS_ADMIN and TWO_TASK while
having TWO_TASK simply has the alias defined in the tnsnames.ora file.

Now, I want to write Pro*C prog, but I can never have it connected sucessfully by just specifing the username and password, having the error: ORA-12154.
(the same error if I screw up the TWO_TASK var) Since using the same program, I
can login while I am on the server, I think it is because Pro*C can't get those var correctly.

Also, I refer to the set of ProC and Precompilier manuals, though they did talk about that, their examples are all in SQLNet V1 (TWO_TASK is set to d:db_name).

Can any of you give me some suggestion? My server is Oracle 7.1.3 on Solaris, clients are 7.0 on SunOS and using SQLNet V2.

Thanks.

---
Tang Wai Shing, Wilson		Email: cswstang_at_cs.ust.hk
Dept. of Computer Science, 	Tel# : (852)-2358-7004  Fax: (852)-2358-1477
HKUST, Clear Water Bay Road,    Fingerprint: 	54 8D 55 F5 B5 1E AC 7E
Hong Kong.					80 40 23 18 8B 8C ED C4