Export Table Definition

From: Walter Chow <wchow_at_sfsu.edu>
Date: 1995/11/20

I do have some questions in using the export utilities, and hope someone can help me solve the problem.

For using the export utilities, I just want to export the table definition in the DataBase. However, I am not sure how I can export all tables definition of my schema without specifying all the table name in the PARFILE.

The next question is that how I can export the constraints. What I tried to do is that if I create a table with primary key or foreign key constraint, how I should use the export utility in order to output these constraints along with the table definition.

Also, even though I specified which table's definition that I want to export in the PARFILE, it will always give me some kind of errors. The following is the SQL command that I used to generate the tables:

create table XX (

	ID	 	char(10),
	ROL_XX_YY	char(10),
	PRIMARY KEY(ID)

);

create table YY (
	ID		char(10),
	ROL_YY_XX	char(10),
	PRIMARY KEY(ID)

);

ALTER TABLE XX ADD(
	FOREIGN KEY(ROL_XX_YY)
	REFERENCES YY(ID)

);

ALTER TABLE YY ADD(
	FOREIGN KEY(ROL_YY_XX)
	REFERENCES XX(ID)

);

When I tried to do the export, the system return the following error message:

.exporting table XX
EXP-00008: ORACLE error 900 encountered
ORA-01003: no statement parsed
System error message 2
.exporting table YY

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 1003 encountered
ORA-01003: no statement parsed
EXP-00008: ORACLE error 900 encountered
ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement

Thanks your info in advance.

wchow_at_apollo.sfsu.edu Received on Mon Nov 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message