Re: ORA-00600 using raw devices on Solaris

From: Bijal M Patel <bpatel_at_chabot.ced.berkeley.edu>
Date: 1995/11/20

In article <48avvq$fg1_at_transfer.stratus.com>, Jim_Goss <jg_at_vos.stratus.com> wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I am getting the above error with the db writer process core dumping on Solaris
>2.4, and Oracle 7.2.2.3 everytime we use a raw disk partition to create a
>database on.

Too many possibilities and too little info, but the most common cause is badly partitioned disks e.g. overlapping partitions or allocating Cylinder 0 to the partition used by Oracle....

You can easily verify this using format.

My $0.02 worth.

Lalith
(lalith_at_documentum.com) Received on Mon Nov 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message