Re: Schema modeling tools?

From: <pallison_at_ppg.com>
Date: 1995/11/17

> mishra_at_cs.utexas.edu (Aditya Mishra) writes:
> I'm getting ready to purchase a relational data modeling tool
> to design and draw schema, generate scripts, reverse engineering,
> etc. for Sybase and Oracle. I would prefer for the tool to run
> on a AIX or SunOS/Solaris; if not, on Windows (3.11/95).
>
> Any recommendations?
>
> Thanks

The following list should be everything you need to bring ERWin up with full functionality.

  1. Protocol stack (e.g. TCP/IP, SPX/IPX)
  2. SQLNet
  3. SQLNet Protocol adaptor
  4. ERWin software

Protocol, SQLNet, and adaptor must be installed on unix box also.

Let me know if you need more detail.

Paul Allison
pallison_at_ppg.com Received on Fri Nov 17 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message