Re: Splitting this newsgroup ?

From: Richard Frazier <rfrazier_at_mailstorm.dot.gov>
Date: 1995/11/17

Steinar Gravdal (sgravdal_at_oslonett.no) wrote:
: Hi !

: Wouldn't it be a great idea to split this newsgroup into some
: smaller branches ? Oracle products are increasing very
: fast in numbers, and I have prolems following this
: group (among many others). I have some suggestions :

: comp.databases.oracle.dba
: comp.databases.oracle.financials
: comp.databases.oracle.cdetools
: comp.databases.oracle.dev2000
: comp.databases.oracle.po7

: and so on ....

: Anyone agree ?

: Steinar

I disagree.... while there are indeed many products, there is still a large commonality between applications. The issues governing data base management and sql functions are generic to all oracle apps.

Additionally, many of the solutions provided for one app can be utilized in whole or part for other apps also. On a purely personal note, I enjoy having the broader knowledge base. Just my own humble opinions of course.

rick Received on Fri Nov 17 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message