Re: [Q] default column value

From: Sridhar Subramaniam <avion_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: 1995/11/16

Rod Anderson wrote:

> I just discovered (a slow learner) the default clause for a column
 when
> creating a table. Now I'd like to incorporate this information in a
> TABLE report I created. The problem is I can't find where this is
> information stored in the data dictionary.
> Oh yes. This is for Oracle Version 6.
>
> Any and all help appreciated,
> Rod

Rod,

select *
from user_constraints
where table_name = <blah blah>
and column_name = <blah blah >
and constraint_type = 'C';

This should hold good in V6 as well. But remember constraints declared, but for not nulls, aren't enforced in the database.

--
Cheers

Sridhar Subramaniam
Avion Consulting Services
Sydney - Australia
Email : ssubrama_at_nibucorp.ccdn.otc.com.au / avion_at_ozemail.com.au

Disclaimer : All opinions are truly and just mine.