Re: Oracle C++ Queries

From: Paul Gasztold <gasztold>
Date: 1995/11/16

Andrew Zitelli <zitelli_at_tus.ssi1.com> wrote:

>Oracle sells a product called the Pro*C precompiler. Version 2.1 of
>this product, which accompanies Oracle 7.2, also supports C++. This

Do you know which oci libraries are needed to compile OCI in C++ without using pro*C? I have been doing the oci by hand in 'c' for an oracle 6 database.

I downloaded some oci C++ classes that were reviewed in Dr. Dobbs Journal and since these were designed for oracle 7 I have installed the oracle 7 oci libraries alongside the oracle 6 libraries.

Do you think this is feasible? I would use GNU C++ to compile.

Thank you,
Paul Gasztold

	"Good things come to those who wait, but it's what's left
	over from those who hustle."  -  Abe Lincoln