Re: get data from oracle into Excel or Lotus 123

From: Steve Laing <100127.761_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1995/11/15

sreedhar_at_ix.netcom.com (Sreedhar V Lokam) wrote:

>karsten_at_pip.dknet.dk (Karsten Weikop) wrote:

>>What is the best (and easy) way to get data from an Oracle database into a
>>spredsheet, eg. MS-Excel or Lotus 1-2-3???
<snip>

If you're using Excel 5 or later, try Oracle Objects for OLE + SQL*Net. This lets you write VBA macros using the Dynaset methods.

I know nothing about 1-2-3 so I won't pretend that the solution will work there. You'd need to check out it's OLE capabilities.

You should be able to download a 90 day version of OO for free from Oracle's web site.

Steve Laing 100127.761_at_compuserve.com Opinions are mine alone. Received on Wed Nov 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message