Pro*C problem: zero length output files

From: Brad Stinson <bstinson_at_pinpoint.avl.com>
Date: 1995/11/14

Has anyone experienced a problem with pro*c in which the pre-compiler generates a zero length C file? In my case, no errors are generated, so the problem is caught when I attempt to compile the generated C file. There does not seem to be a specific way to reproduce this. I have received a patch from Oracle which temporarily fixed the problem, but it has reoccurred intermittently on one or two of our workstations.

The one sure way we've been able to resolve the issue is to rebuild the database on the affected machines.

Pro*C release 2.0.6.0.0
Oracle7 server release 7.1.6.2.0
PL/SQL release 2.1.6.2.0

Thanks,

Brad
bstinson_at_pinpoint.avl.com Received on Tue Nov 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message