Re: how to set up sqlnet v2 on PC ODBC

From: Keith Majkut <kmajkut_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1995/11/14

In article <487v4l$hqv_at_usenet.pa.dec.com>, Steve <tse_at_viis.shr.dec.com> wrote:
>How do I configure the ODBC driver in Windows for SQLNET V2 to talk to the
>Oracle server residing on UNIX? The Oracle server is running SQLNET V2 and I
>have the TNSNAMES.ORA file generated for the client from the net_conf
>configuration program.
TNSNAMES.ORA typically goes in \ORAWIN\NETWORK\ADMIN If you edit the file you'll see lines of the form (might no be layed out like this)
MyDB =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =
          (COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
          (PROTOCOL = TCP)
          (Host = Production1)
          (Port = 1521)
        )

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = SID1)
    )
  )

MYDB is the alias that you would use for the connect string in the ODBC adminstrator.