Re: On Installing Designer 2000

From: Tuan Nguyen <nvtuan_at_deepthnk.kiwi.gen.nz>
Date: 1995/11/14

Henry J. Stock,hstock_at_glue.umd.ed wrote:

<<I have running versions of SQL Plus and Developer 2000 running on our system.

I was given a 90 day evaluation copy of Designer 2000 and asked to install it. The problem is that the 90 day copy wants to overwrite existing files that I don't want overwritten.

I have tried creating a new oracle_home directory, but then I don't get access to our server database where I want to place the designer 2000 schema.

Anybody have any ideas?>>

I got our dba to create two distinct orawin.ini files, one for my old stuff and one for Designer 2000. You just to remember to have the correct orawin.ini in your /windows/system directory, and the correct path names in your system config!
It works for me.

Cheers

  • Tuan _/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ Tuan Nguyen _/ _/ _/ Deep Thought BBS, Auckland, New Zealand _/ _/ _/ A FirstClass(tm) Macintosh GUI BBS _/_/_/ _/ Internet: nvtuan_at_deepthnk.kiwi.gen.nz tnguyen_at_continuum.co.nz Praised be the fathomless Universe for Life and Joy.