q:Transparent Gateway for RSM on Vax OpenVMS

From: Tan Buck Soong <tbs1_at_titan.np.ac.sg>
Date: 1995/11/13

According to the manual (version 3.0), this gateway can only READ data from RMS files, and NOT write. Is it still valid now?

I am aware that other RDBMS vendors are supplying their gateway to RMS that can perform READ and WRITE operations. Why Oracle cannot do it? Any special reason?

I hope someone can help me to clarify my doubts. The answer will help me in my purchase evaluation process.

--
  BSTan -------  Tan Buck Soong                       Tel: (065)-4606771
  Ngee Anne Polytechnic, Computer Centre, Singapore   Fax: (065)-4672541