Designer 2000 requires a new database?

From: Mr. Chow Wing Siu <wschow_at_Comp.HKBU.Edu.HK>
Date: 1995/11/13

Hi,

I have a headache question.

I try to install Oracle Designer 2000 on a PC to connect to a Sun Server. But I have problem to install it. The repository adm utility has 3 options. When I start to install, the script seems only runnning to import first 1073 rows and then terminated. The book said it takes several hours. Why? My boss seems tend to resolve it by install a new DATABASE (not system one). But I'm afraid I would make it worser if I do something wrong in creating new database (not tablespace) and mount the new database with the system database.

Please give me hints how to resolve? Thanks in advance.

--
Johnson Chow
wschow_at_comp.hkbu.edu.hk