Re: How to insert data to LONG fields using simple SQL statements??

From: Paul Collins <76004.2053_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1995/11/12

I don't know what versions you are using but last time I looked SQL had a statement limit size of 2.5k. If your inserts are longer than that you may have trouble. In the past I've used ODBC to get longs into the DB. If you have MS Access try importing the data into it and then exporting it to Oracle via ODBC. Or you could write a C program to load the records. You might even look at setting up SQL*Forms in batch mode and read the records in that way. You have lots of options.

--
Paul Collins
DBA