Can't connect to the oracle database

From: <maucca_at_snafu.muncca.fi>
Date: 1995/11/11

I just got 90-day trial cd and installed Oracle Workgroup Server to OS/2 Warp Connect. I've managed to create seed database by using SQLDBA and successfully started instance.

But I've not found a way to connect to the seed database by using GUI-tools (for example session manager). They always tell "TNS: cannot find destination" or something like that and "Can't connect to the host", though the server is on the same machine.

I've instance named oracle ja I'm using that in the name of database, when trying to connect to it.

What's wrong?

Mauri Received on Sat Nov 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message