Re: PO7-95 default connect-string

From: Keith Majkut <kmajkut_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1995/11/10

In article <47vrba$qa7_at_altrade.nijmegen.inter.nl.net>, W. van der Deijl <W.van.der.Deijl_at_inter.nl.net> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've just installed Personal Oracle7 95. After some problems the
>Developer/2000 products (Win 3.1 versions) are running.
>
>But the only thing is I have to connect as
>user/password_at_2:
>
>Isn't is possible to leave the 2: and let Oracle guess this for
>itself? I remember there's some kind of default setting for the
>database to use.
Yes, you can change this. In the future 2: will be the default. To make it the default now, add the line LOCAL=2: to ORACLE.INI which is probably in the \WINDOWS directory...

>When I use PO7 on Windows 3.1, it created a synonym Oracle7 for 2: and
>used this when I did give a database in my connect-string.
It's the same principle, except that LOCAL is sort of a default synonym(actually, it's called an alias) to look at if no connect  info is given..