Re: How do I batch?

From: Keith Thompson <mcdoo_at_worldgate.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 1995/11/10

Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Is there a facility that will allow me to submit jobs to the database -
>to be executed when it has time?
>
>Oracle 7.1.4 and 7.1.6.

Although not strictly a batch queue facility, you may want to check this out:

In Oracle 7.2, there will be a facility called DBMS_JOB, which will allow scheduling of PL/SQL jobs within the database, much like cron does in Unix.

Apparently, DBMS_JOB is included in 7.1, but is not supported. If you want to give it a go, poke around in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/dbmsjob.sql.

I have not tried it myself yet, and don't bother calling tech support if it doesn't work, but you may find what you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

Keith Thompson
Working, but not speaking for, Sierra Systems Consultants Inc. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Received on Fri Nov 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message