SQL*Net for NT

From: Steven Husting <sh_at_pinck.ch>
Date: 1995/11/10

I've installed the Oracle Server for NT (90-day trial version). The database is running -- I've no problems accessing it. I want to install NT SQL*Net 2.1. It is loaded into the \orant directory on my disk, but I can't seem to get it to install in the \orawin directory. I can't find any hint in the documentation why it should be different than SQL*Net for Windows, or for HP-UX. After the install, I should have a \orawin\network\admin heierarchy, where I would copy the usual listener.ora and tnsnames.ora files, and away I'd go. Since I'm only interested in using it as a client (I installed the client and server software), I shouldn't have to start the listener. What am I doing wrong?

--
Steven Husting         sh_at_pinck.ch
Pinck Softech AG       http://www.pinck.ch/pinck/