Using run_product in Forms 4.0

From: Terence Chew <terence_at_cit.gu.edu.au>
Date: 1995/11/09

Hello. I am running Forms 4.0 and Reports 2.0 on a PC and Oracle 7.1.4 for Solaris 2.4 which the PC connects to via SQL*Net v2.

I have a problem with running reports that have been saved to the database. When I use the run_product function, I get the following errors:

   REP-0110: Unable to open file 'AIRL'
   REP-1070: Object store failure occurred. I am calling a report called AIRL from forms using the following,

   run_product(REPORTS,'AIRL',SYNCHRONOUS,RUNTIME,DB,parm_list,null);

According to the manual, the DB option is supposed to tell Reports to go and look in the database for the report. However, it doesn't seem to do this. It still seems to still try to look for a file.

Does anyone use this feature and have got it to work for reports stored in the database? If not, is there any other way of running reports from the database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Terence Chew       	Computing Support Section
T.Chew_at_cit.gu.edu.au	Faculty of Computing and Information Technology