Volume Shadowing on AXP

From: Bob McGuire <bmcguire_at_tiac.net>
Date: 1995/11/09

Greetings neeters.

I'm running Oracle on an Alpha. Also in the process of turning on shadowing. The shadowing seems to work, but when I try to dismount to dissolve the shadow, it tells me I've got some installed images and won't complete.

So....

Is there a utility I need to run after shutting down Oracle that frees up these and if so, where is it? Also I was told that I can dissolve the shadow disks while Oracle is still up. That's one piece I can't figure out. Anyone out there doing this?

Thanks.
BobMc.

| Bob McGuire, N1HKV ARRL/W5YI VE et al |
| Oracle Database Administrator/VMS Systems Manager |
| Groundwater Technology, Inc. Norwood, MA |
| Email to: bmcguire_at_gtionline.com |
| |
| "Testing's for sissies..." ...-.- |