Re: Installing Perosonal Oracle7

From: Brit Willoughby <Brit.Willoughby_at_WichitaKS.ATTGIS.Com>
Date: 1995/11/07

In article <47jts6$bv3_at_ixnews7.ix.netcom.com>,

   rawoods_at_ix.netcom.com (Richard A. Woods ) wrote:
>In <47imff$6pe_at_clarknet.clark.net> jposner_at_clark.net (Jeffrey S.
>Posner) writes:
>>
>>Every time I try to run the installer for PO7, I get an error that a
>>vrf file is missing. This happens instantly once I select to item to
>>install. All of the files are in fact present. I downloaded from the
>>net an can't find any problems with the way I am running Installer.

>How did you verify that all the files are present? Did you download
>the multi-disk set and miss one? Did you download the files as binary?

        Are you installing the PO7 Beta for Win95? I had the same problem. I had to add the -d parameter when uncompressing the downloaded file so it would reconstruct the proper directories. Then the loader could find everything just fine.

        Brit Willoughby
        Brit.Willoughby_at_WichitaKS.ATTGIS.Com