Re: "Create Table" in Stored Procedure

From: S. Kannan <skannan_at_cardinal.fs.com>
Date: 1995/11/06

Anita M. Wilcox (uplink_at_uplinktech.com) wrote:
: Hi all,
: I am having a problem writing a stored procedure. I am using the
: PL/SQL language and so far its going pretty well. However, I need to
: create and drop a temporary table. From all of the documentation I
: have found, I am not able to issue the "Create Table" or "Drop "
: command. Right now, I create the table, then create the stored
: procedure, and then drop the table.
: Is there any way to create and destroy tables within PL/SQL?

: Any help is appreciated. TIA.

If you are using Oracle 7.1 and above, there is a package called DBMS_SQL. This package will help you do what you want. However, like any other DDL statement, running DBMS_SQL with a DDL statement will also cause an implicit commit.

Hope this helps.

Kannan
Email: skannan_at_fs.com
Mastech Systems Corporation

The above are my own comments and opinion. They do not purport that of
anybody else.
       ** Different is Not Better. Better is not Different. **