Re: Installing Perosonal Oracle7

From: Richard A. Woods <rawoods_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/11/06

In <47imff$6pe_at_clarknet.clark.net> jposner_at_clark.net (Jeffrey S. Posner) writes:

>Every time I try to run the installer for PO7, I get an error that a
>vrf file is missing. This happens instantly once I select to item to
>install. All of the files are in fact present. I downloaded from the
>net an can't find any problems with the way I am running Installer.
>
>Can someone help?
>
>TIA,
>Jeff

Jeff,

File orainst.ins is the script file that the Installer first runs to verify which .vrf, .avf, .ins, etc., script files will be needed to install and configure the product(s) in the directory tree. Verify that you have that file in the same directory as the Installer executable. Without it, you won't get far.

How did you verify that all the files are present? Did you download the multi-disk set and miss one? Did you download the files as binary? Received on Mon Nov 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message