Re: Forms 4.5.6 Reference...conundrum

From: Paul Zola <pzola_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/11/06

In <47dbgo$99v_at_nic.wat.hookup.net> pberger_at_nic.wat.hookup.net (Paul Berger) writes:

[Description how the changes in a referenced form do not appear in the referencing form deleted]

If you make changes in a referenced form, I'd strongly advise that you do so at a time when none of the forms that reference that form are open in the designer. Let me try to make that clearer: if you have form A, which is referenced by forms B and C, any changes made in form A while either form B or C is open in the designer will not be visible in the open form. Failing to do so can cause unpredictable behavior.

The current workaround is to close and re-open the referencing form (Form B or C, in the above example).

This is a known limitation of the product. (The actual problem is that referencing information is only read at the time the referencing form is opened.) There are plans to address this in a future version of Forms.

}
} Thanks in advance.
} PB
}

Paul Zola                                             Senior Technical Analyst
World-Wide Technical Support                                 Tools Escalations
Computers possess the truly profound stupidity of the inanimate. - B. Sterling Received on Mon Nov 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message