Power Objects Field Lengths

From: Nigel J Underwood <nigel_at_vnvi.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/11/05

Hi All,

Looking for some advice on Oracle Power Objects and the way it handles input fields. I'm not sure if I'm using the product wrong but I can't get it to do what I want. The situation is this :

I have a db field of 10 chars in length, therefore I have an Oracle Power Objects Text Item also of 10 length ( datasize of 10 and datasource of string). However, during runtime of the PO application the end user can type in more than 10 characters into the item and then subsequently commit the item, obviously giving errors.

What I would like to know is that can you visually stop the user from typing in more than 10 characters into the field - just like Forms and VB. I know you could use format statements afterwards and methods to truncate the field to 10 chars. but that isn't really good enough. So how do you do it or is it not possible to visually stop more than chars being entered.

Regards

Nigel J Underwood.
VNV International Ltd. Received on Sun Nov 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message