Re: How to kill user process when have a runaway query??

From: SR3002 <sr3002_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/11/05

We have set up our database monitor to kill processes that use more than 50% of
the CPU for a duration of 1 minute. We are running ORACLE Financials, and when the users reboot their PCs a runaway process is created. If you are running UNIX, look for ORACLE processes with a PPID of 1 that is using a lot of CPU. ps -ef | grep <your ORACLE_SID>. Consider purchasing a moitoring tool such as DBVISION from PLATINUM or ECOTOOLS from COMPUWARE to help manage your database. I thinkto identify individual client server ORACLE processes, you may have to configure each PC to have a USERID in the ORACLE.INI file. Check your DOC on the PC version of the ORACLE software. You can email me with other questions if you want. Received on Sun Nov 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message