Re: Dynamic SQL from a Smalltalk program?

From: Ido Lelie <1idolely_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 1995/11/05

JWears_at_acm.org (James Wears) wrote:

>Has anyone called the OCI interface from within a Smalltalk program?
>I need to issue both DDL and DML statements, and have program logic
>decide what they should do. Constructing the SQL statements as
>strings in a variable is no problem; how do I get them executed?

I didn't try this yet, but what you need is to pass the statement to the correct OCI functions. It all depends on what OS and Smalltalk you are using. If your using Digitalk Smalltalk V, you can call the Oracle DLL's, probablu ora7win.dll, from there. You have to declare the functions, I am not sure what information you need for the declarations. You may need the include files from the PRO*C kit.

Ido Received on Sun Nov 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message