Re: Can I use user-generated sequences in SQL*Load?

From: Saad Ahmad <sahmad_at_mfa.com>
Date: 1995/11/05

Andy Hardy (AndyHard_at_istel-is.demon.co.uk) wrote:
> Hi,

> I'm using sqlload to populate some tables - one of the fields requires
> population with a sequence number generated by a users CREATE SEQUENCE
> statement.

> Is there a way of referring to this sequence during the load?

> At the moment, I have to perform an update of the table at a later date!

you can give a sql string for a field value which can have seq.nextval. You would have to specify that sql loader should commit after each reacod because otherwise it would probably use the same sequence value for all the table rows until it commits.

*                          Saad Ahmad                        *
*                          Senior Software Engineer          *
*                          McHugh Freeman & Associates, Inc. *
*                          Ph:  (414) 798-7457               *
*                          Fax: (414) 798-8619               *
*                          E-Mail: sahmad_at_mfa.com            *