Designer/2000 installation

From: Kim Brennan <k_brennan_at_testbed.swfpac.lmsc.lockheed.com>
Date: 1995/11/03

We are having problems installing Designer/2000 Release 1.1. We want to install it on a 486/66 with 16M RAM. The Oracle instance(Ver. 7.1.4) is running on a SPARC/2000 machine. CASE 5.1 is currently installed on our Novell file server, hence a client, client, server environment. We want to install Designer/2000 on the PC for a true client/server relationship, but use the same Oracle instance on the SPARC/2000. There is 55M of freespace in the system tablespace and the DES2 and DES2_I tablespaces have been established. We do not want to upgrade from CASE 5.1 at this time. We want to use them both to evaluate Designer/2000. Can we do this?

Whether we do the complete installation or the custom istallation everything seems to go fine until we try to install the repository owner and the Repository Administration Utility dialog box is missing the last three tabs (Maintain User, User extensibility, UE utilities). Thinking maybe these come after installing the repository owner(although the installation guide does not say that), we attempted to continue. The error we got next was that the procedural option was not there even though the CATPROC.SQL script has been run against the Oracle instance on the SPARC/2000.

Should we have done the default installation or are we trying to do something that is impossible? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kim Brennan                  Received on Fri Nov 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message