Help UNIX vs NOVELL

From: <ENCTDEP_at_undefined>
Date: 1995/11/03

At the moment we are using Oracle 7.1.4 with UNIX on a dual processor Pentium machine with 96 Mb RAM. Six people are working on the Oracle database. On the clients we have all the Designer/2000 and Develop/2000 tools. In the future 80 users have to get connected to the database (client/server). We don't have enough UNIX expertise, so we are thinking of swithing to Novell.

Can anyone tell me about the differences between running Oracle7 under UNIX and running under Novell (I heard that running under Novell would be slower)? What are the considerations migrating from Oracle7 under UNIX to Novell?

ENCTDEP_at_IBM.NET
Henk Rook
ENNIA Caribe N.V.
Curacao Received on Fri Nov 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message