Re: Oracle Database Monitoring

From: <bwytqnr_at_bridge.bst.bls.com>
Date: 1995/11/03

> I have been administering an Oracle database running a GIS application for
 the
> last year and a half on a RS/6000 580 server. I increasingly frustrated
 using
> the standard monitoring tools that came with our original release (version
 6)
> and only moderately impressed with some of the features in release 7.1. Can

> anyone reccommend some Motif-based DBA Monitoring tools for AIX 4.1.3. I
 have
> heard of SQL Monitor. Which product has proven to be the most cost
 effective.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> David Crossley, GIS/AM System/Database Administrator, City of Vancouver
> E-mail: dcrossly_at_vanbc.wimsey.com

David,

  You might want to give one or more of the following products a look:

  Patrol/MetaSuite BMC Software http:\\www.bmc.com 800-841-2031   EcoTools/DBA Expert Compuware http:\\www.compuware.com 800# N/A   DBVision/Desktop DBA Platinum (HTTP unknown). 800# N/A

  To get the numbers for these companies, check the current Oracle Magazine.

Jim Joslin, Oracle DBA/Product Support
BellSouth Telecommunications, Inc. Received on Fri Nov 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message