Re: get data from oracle into Excel or Lotus 123

From: Sreedhar V Lokam <sreedhar_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/11/03

karsten_at_pip.dknet.dk (Karsten Weikop) wrote:

>What is the best (and easy) way to get data from an Oracle database into a
>spredsheet, eg. MS-Excel or Lotus 1-2-3???
>Karsten Weikop (Email: karsten_at_pip.dknet.dk)
>PBJ Consult A/S
>Roholmsvej 10G
>DK-2620 Albertslund
>Denmark
>Phone: + 45 43 62 74 00
>Fax..: + 45 43 62 74 24

Hi !

If you can use Forms 4.5 ( Dev/2000) you may use the DDE functionality present in Forms 4.5 to directly get the data from Oracle into Excel. That is a very good option too. You can use any of the methods that our friends provided and you can see which one is good for you.

 If you need more information about that you may refer to one of the demos of Forms 4.5 which comes along with your software or you can also refer to the Oracle Forms 4.5 Advanced Techniques manual.

Hope this helps.

Sreedhar V Lokam
Oracle Ambassador

e-mail : sreedhar_at_ix.netcom.com Received on Fri Nov 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message