Re: snapshot vs trigger

From: Michael Nolan <nolan_at_falcon.inetnebr.com>
Date: 1995/11/03

In <475kgr$772_at_inet-nntp-gw-1.us.oracle.com> dquinn_at_uk.oracle.com (Dave Quinn) writes:

>Triggers propagate changes immediately BUT require that all other
>systems involved are available or all transactions will fail. ie one
>site down, all sites down; network down, all sites down.

I haven't attempted to do precisely this yet, but in theory it should be possible to write a trigger that can handle a network down situation by trapping the error with an exception clause and writing non-propagated changes to the local system. A batch job could check the status of the remote databases periodically and make any deferred updates.

--
Mike Nolan
nolan_at_tssi.com