Re: Dynamically Create bar chart at Runtime in oracle reports

From: Mike Miller <Mike.Robert.Miller_at_DatyonOh.ATTGIS.COM>
Date: 1995/11/02

==========Russell Webb, 11/1/95==========

>Hi,

>I've been using Oracle Reports 2.5 (on a PC) for several weeks now and
>I need to create a report that would read certain columns from a table
>and would generate a bar chart (in one form or another). This could be
>generated when say the user clicks a button on the report.

>Any ideas how this might be done?

>All I can see that Oracle reports allows you to do is to just import
>an image (i.e. a pre-drawn image) onto your report at runtime when the
>user clicks on a button, say.

>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have u looked at oracle graphics yet?

it is kinda of hard to work with but it you go inot oracle graphics and use query name that has g_og_xxxxxx then for your select statement for instance would be like

              select      ofcr_cd og_offcr,
                         sum(prin_bal) og_prin,
                         sum(out_bal)  og_outstanding
              from     table
              order by xxxxxx

then set up the bar chart that you want.

now in oracle reports click on oracle grahics tool and then create a large area for it to print in
double click on area and under O.G.Display link to the place that the .ogd file is
located like c:\oracle\bin\xxxxx.ogd
then go to O.G.Query and set query name to be g_og_xxxxxx and select under the
display columns for officer code , prin_bal, and outstanding balance (these columns should now be black highlighted) then name them as og_offcr,  og_prin, and og_outstanding to match the graphics query and there you go

I hope this is ok and you can understand it but i found that everything has to be
starting with og and then it started to click

bye
M.Miller Received on Thu Nov 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message