Re: MS_Access ODBC Oracle7???

From: Adam Ahringer <sessec01.AAHRINGE_at_eds.com>
Date: 1995/11/01

If you are using sql*net on the client machine then you do not need to use odbc. Make sure there is an entry in the \orawin\network\admin\tnsnames.ora file for your database. Here is an example:

mydb.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = mymachine) #note - you can put ip address here instead
(Port = 1526)
)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
       (SID = dbname)
       (GLOBAL_NAME = mydb.world)

    )
  )

In this case, try using connect string '_at_mydb.world'. The 'T' that you have in your connect string looks like what they used to use in sql*net v1. Hope this helps.

In article <46r3sj$o6p_at_usafa2.usafa.af.mil>, lefkogt%rr%usafa_at_sc4199.usafa.af.mil says...

Need help creating ODBC connections to our Oracle7 db on HP9000 on CP/IP network. We have SQL*NET 2.0 on both the server/client ends and have Oracl7 Windows 3.1 ODBC driver installed. We try the connect string 'T:128.236.201.2:admis' and get failures. admis is the alias of Oracle7 on HP9000. We have no experts here to get help. How about all of you out here?
Thanks
SSgt Gary Lefko (Air Force Academy) Received on Wed Nov 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message