Re: dbshut usage

From: Steve Butler <sbut-is_at_seatimes.com>
Date: 1995/11/01

On 31 Oct 1995, Melisa Mrazik wrote:

> I have a Systems Administrator that would like to use a script file to shutdown
> the database from the shell command line by using dbshut. However, he would
> like to shutdown the database as immediate. I have been unable to find in the
> documentation or in the FAQ any reference to this function and the parameter
> usage. Any help or guidance to help is appreciated!

We changed our dbshut script to use the immdediate clause. You will find this documented in the Administrator's Guide on page 3-11.

| Steve Butler          Voice:  206-464-2998         |
| The Seattle Times       Fax:  206-382-8898         |
| PO Box 70          Internet:  sbut-is_at_seatimes.com |
| Seattle, WA 98111    Packet:  KG7JE_at_N6EQZ.WA       |
All standard and non-standard disclaimers apply. All other sources are annonymous. Received on Wed Nov 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message