The Dan Tools

From: <Dan.Bikle_at_Ebay.Sun.COM>
Date: 1995/10/31

Pierce,

They might work on an NT korn shell.

If not, throw them in the trash and refuse to pay me.

Even on UNIX they would be considered pre-alpha quality.

But they have saved me and my customers many hours of DBA grunt work.

They are excellent tools for generating lots of adhoc sql scripts and adhoc shell scripts.

In the hands of an experienced DBA they are very useful. In the hands of an un-experienced DBA they are downright dangerous.

I saw one dba use my database rebuilder (DRBDB) to remove some raw devices. I should have a statement in there that says you only need to remove data files if they are in the unix file system.

The scripts are here: ftp.rahul.net:/pub/dbikle/*tar.Z

-Dan Received on Tue Oct 31 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message