Re: Help! recover database after system-crash

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cj.engel_at_ease.nl>
Date: 1995/10/31

cj.engel_at_ease.nl (Carel-Jan Engel) wrote:

>Hi there,
>Last night we had a system crash (HDD failure) on our SCO Unix system.
>After reinstalling the system, I tried to open the restart the
>database. However, Oracle gives me an error-message about the
>control-files:
>ORA 9782 sfifi: another instance has the same database mounted.
>We don't have shared systems, as a matter of fact we only have one
>single Unix system in our network. Is there any way to recover from
>this problem?

>Please help, if possible reply by email: careljan_at_ease.nl

Today we solved the problem. Oracle NL supplied us with a template for the create control-file statement. This did a great job, and solved the problem.

Carel-Jan Engel

Carel-Jan Engel            email: careljan_at_ease.nl
                           phone:   +31 182 613460
Take it Ease!              fax:     +31 182 613570
Ease - Engel Automation & Software Engineering B.V.  Professional Software with Oracle, 'C' and Unix Received on Tue Oct 31 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message