Need advice about security with GUI front ends

From: Donna Kray <kray.donna_at_mlink.motors.ge.com>
Date: 1995/10/30

I'm looking for ideas about security for GUI front ends. I don't (of course) want users logging in with an account and/or role that allows the privileges needed by the application because they could bypass the application with SQL*Plus or Access. I don't really want username/password embedded in the executable for maintenance reasons.

How is this being handled in other shops? I'm looking for any ideas, theoretical or practical, since we're brainstorming now. Thanks.

Please make sure responses are mailed to kray.donna_at_mlink.motors.ge.com Thanks, DL Kray Received on Mon Oct 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message