Re: Oracle on NT Server

From: Hermann Westlie <hermannw_at_oslonett.no>
Date: 1995/10/30

In article <46sa4l$av0_at_canopus.cc.umanitoba.ca> collier_at_mbnet.mb.ca wrote:

> Is anyone running ORACLE 7.X on NT Server 3.51?

Yes

> If so, how satisfied are you with it?

Very!

> How well does it perform?

Quite good I think. No problem with the responce timer

> What version are you running?

7.1.3

> What type of computer are you running it on?

Compaq Proliant 2000 with P5 66 mhz, 128 MB RAM and RAID 5 in hardware. We use the same machine as file server as well for about 120 pc's.

> How many users are accessing ORACLE at once?

Up to 64. Mostly about 50.

> Do you have databases larger than 2 giigabytes.

No, nearly 1 GB.

> Can ORACLE for NT be tuned?

Yes, in the same way as the UNIX version.

..Hermann Received on Mon Oct 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message