Re: Sybase to Oracle migration?

From: Hank Eskin <hank_at_legacytech.com>
Date: 1995/10/30

In article <DH9Gwx.I2p_at_gateway.hysoft.com>, John_Falasco_at_hysoft.com says...

>I am looking for a tool to migrate data from Sybase tables to Oracle
>tables. The data is held in approx 250 tables; all procs and triggers
>have been converted and the corresponding tables have been created
>(although if there's an easy way to do this, I'd love to hear about
>it!). If anyone has done this, I'd appreciate some advice. TIA,
>
>John

  Before trying any of the other methods suggested (all good ideas), you may want to look into the Oracle SQL*PLUS "copy" command. The documentation alludes to the fact that you can connect to another non-oracle database and create and copy data into oracle with one command. We use SQL*Plus V3.1, and the COPY command is on page 6-35 of the "SQL*Plus User's Guide and Reference." You may want to call Oracle Support in order to find out how to connect to a Sybase database. Good Luck...

  • hank =