Re: Sybase to Oracle migration?

From: Heather Bahr <BAHRH_at_platinum.com>
Date: 1995/10/30

In article <DH9Gwx.I2p_at_gateway.hysoft.com> John_Falasco_at_hysoft.com (John Falasco) writes:
>From: John_Falasco_at_hysoft.com (John Falasco)
>Subject: Sybase to Oracle migration?
>Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 12:20:37 GMT

>I am looking for a tool to migrate data from Sybase tables to Oracle
>tables. The data is held in approx 250 tables; all procs and triggers
>have been converted and the corresponding tables have been created
>(although if there's an easy way to do this, I'd love to hear about
>it!). If anyone has done this, I'd appreciate some advice. TIA,

>John

John,

InfoPump, from PLATINUM technology, inc., (708.620.5000), is a client/server middleware tool for replicating, moving, integrating, synchronizing, and warehousing data in heterogeneous environments. InfoPump offers a complete development environment for building and implementing data routing applications that manage data staging, downsizing, upsizing, and synchronization. InfoPump's bidirectional data replication and data movement capabilities is an integral component for strategic and tactical data warehousing strategies. InfoPump solves many of the key problems faced by organizations adopting client/server architectures, in particular, how to manage the data being replicated on servers, how to get the data to the servers, and how to integrate the data into a format that can be readily used by client applications.

For more information on InfoPump, contact PLATINUM technology, inc., at 800.442.6861 or 708.620.5000.

Regards,
Heather Bahr
Technical Support
PLATINUM technology, inc. Received on Mon Oct 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message