Re: ODBC for Oracle on a HP9000

From: Peter Phaal <73671.1723_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1995/10/28

Christian_Pfundtner_at_msn.com (Christian Pfundtner) wrote:
>cerven_at_interaccess.com (John Cerven) wrote:
>
>>How do you implement ODBC client and or server for Oracle on a HP9000?
>
>ODBC is a protocol from Microsoft and is only implemented on Windows
>(3.x, NT,95) and Mac-OS. I donĀ“t think that it makes sence to
>implement a client ODBC site on a UNIX server...

ODBC provides a standard API to access databases. It allows applications to access data from multiple sources and is implemented on most platforms. Take a look at http://www.avonibp.co.uk/analysis.html for some of the major vendors. There are client and server implementations available for HP9000 platforms.

Peter Phaal
Cambridge Quality Management Received on Sat Oct 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message