Re: How to set Rollback in Loader?

From: Donna Bigler <donnab_at_intermec.com>
Date: 1995/10/27

Vikram,

     I appreciate your response, but according to my manuals, the PRIVATE rollback segment refers to the database INSTANCE, not the USER, in which case it seems that this scenario would not keep other users out of the large RBS (u_segment), nor force the load process to use only the large RBS.

     However, I don't have too much experience calling host from sqlplus, is it that step that would force the private-ness of the RBS???

Donna Bigler

Vikram Goel (vgoel) wrote:
: Another way is to follow these steps:
: 1) Create a private rollback segment (u_segment)
: for the user executing load, in
: the tablespace where the current large rollback segment exits.
: Do not bring it on line.
: 2) From a shell startup sqlplus follow these sub-steps:
: a) Bring large rollback segment offline.
: b) Bring u_segment online.
: c) host out to os and execute loader.
: when job finishes ( you may have to program this).
: return to sqlplus.
: d) Bring u_segment offline.
: e) Bring large segment online.
: NOTE: This works as the 'u_segment' can only be used by this user. It
: would make admin easier if you setup a user which performs this
: loader function only.
: To bring rollback segments online/offline, you need to log on to
: sqlplus as a dba.
: Hope this helps.
: Vikram Goel
: Sr, DBA
: MOTOROLA Boynton Beach, FL
: e-mail : vgoel_at_emi.net

: >donnab_at_intermec.com (Donna Bigler) wrote:
: >>We have a large rollback segment which we bring online only
: >>when we do a large LOAD (from another vendor's database).
: >>How do I set the LOADER tool to use only that RBS?
: >>(Some version of 'Set Transaction use rollback ... '
: >> that will work in loader?)
: >>MTIA
: >>Donna Bigler