Re: How to set Rollback in Loader?

From: Vikram Goel <vgoel>
Date: 1995/10/27

Another way is to follow these steps:

  1. Create a private rollback segment (u_segment) for the user executing load, in the tablespace where the current large rollback segment exits. Do not bring it on line.
  2. From a shell startup sqlplus follow these sub-steps:
  3. Bring large rollback segment offline.
  4. Bring u_segment online.
  5. host out to os and execute loader. when job finishes ( you may have to program this). return to sqlplus.
  6. Bring u_segment offline.
  7. Bring large segment online.

NOTE: This works as the 'u_segment' can only be used by this user. It

       would make admin easier if you setup a user which performs this
       loader function only.
      To bring rollback segments online/offline, you need to log on to
      sqlplus as a dba.

Hope this helps.

Vikram Goel

Sr, DBA