Re: Export MS-ACCESS Table

From: Andrew McAllister <mcallister_at_grad.missouri.edu>
Date: 1995/10/27

In article <46o2nd$kbm_at_news.belwue.de> m.kuenicke_at_fh-offenburg.de (M.kuenicke) writes: snip
>I exported a MS-Access 2.0 in ORACLE. ORACLE is installed on a IBM RS/6000.
>The export-procedure is ok.
>But I can not modify, drop the table in ORACLE, the Command-String select *
>from tabs shows the exported (ACCESS) table.
snip

My guess:
The table you exported from Access to Oracle had a table name or column names with mixed case. You can drop the table in Oracle by saying drop table "TableName";

You should always put Access tablenames and column names in upper case if you plan to export them to Oracle. Oracle is case sensitive for some reason in this situation. If you export with all upper, then oracle tools (and Access) can then see the tables without being case sensitive.

Andy

Andrew McAllister
Office of Research
University of Missouri-Columbia
mcallister_at_grad.missouri.edu Received on Fri Oct 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message