Re: Forms 4.5 item properties

From: Chris Kasten <kasten_at_brookings.net>
Date: 1995/10/27

rajsethi_at_ix.netcom.com (Rajeev Sethi ) wrote:

> In <46oo73$eoe_at_news.corpcomm.net> kasten_at_brookings.net (Chris Kasten)
> writes:

> >For the sake of discussion, let's suppose you have a form with
> >a block displaying 10 rows of data. One of the columns in the
> >block is a NUMBER datatype.
> >
> >AAA AAA 000.00
> >BBB AAA 000.00
> >CCC BBB 000.00
> >DDD BBB 000.00
> >

> >Now let's further suppose that you would like to change the
> >format of that field dependant upon some other values
> >in that row. For example, in the block layed out above
> >you would like the number to be a percentage whenever
> >column 2 is 'AAA', and a dollar format when column 2 is
> >'BBB'.
> >
> >AAA AAA 00.00%
> >BBB AAA 00.00%
> >CCC BBB $00.00
> >DDD BBB $00.00
> >
> >I know I can change the format_mask on the fly via
> >the set_item_property() function, but can I do it
> >individually (and conditionally)? Currently when calling
> > set_item_property(id, format_mask, '999.00%')
> >all of the fields become formatted to percent - as
> >expected. What I want to know is can I get around
> >that (short of using temporary display fields of some sort)?
> >

> Hi,

> Trying setting the item property in POST-QUERY trigger.

No dice - the whole column ends up being the format appropriate to the last row fetched. If the last row is supposed to be formatted as currency I end up with:

AAA   AAA   $00.00
BBB   AAA   $00.00
CCC   BBB   $00.00

DDD BBB $00.00 Even though those top two rows should be percents (as shown in an above example).

Please understand - this is expected behaviour, I'm just trying to find a way around it.

Any other ideas?

Chris

--
Chris Kasten