Re: Backup/Recovery & Media Management Tools

From: philip holbus <74201.3202_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1995/10/27

I have evaluated Netwokers PRE-Obackup which is called "rawasm" it is a "asm' application specific module that comes with legato. You can get an eval of both legato and the rawasm module from legato. It will go at your database shut it down do a full cold dump of your RAW DATA DEVICES and bring the database back on line. It also does hot backup's which archive the tablespaces while the database is up ! If you want more INFO contact me, it worked well for starters and Legato already has it's hooks in the Oracle product. I was working with 3 oracle instances on a sparc 20 for a total of 30 Gig of raw data from one machine. take care PJH

--
PJH