Re: TK21WIN.DLL errors in forms developer

From: Beverley Williams <B.Williams_at_chime.ucl.ac.uk>
Date: 1995/10/27

In article <461egg$qrq_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, marksalem_at_aol.com? says...

>Help! I am using Windows for Workgroups 3.11 and Developer 2000 on my
>client PC. When I access the properties for objects being created in the
>forms developer I often (as much as 30 times per day!) receive a GPF
>pointing to TK21WIN.DLL. I have 24M of memory which should be more than
>adequate. I have gotten this with absoultely no other application or
>window open. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have suffered a problem with TK21WIN.DLL but in FORMS 4.5 at runtime. One of the problems was not having a TMP or TEMP directory created by autoexec.bat which solved one of the crashes.
I know that the next solution is not much good to you, but it may help others and that is ensure that the records buffered and fetched in the item property sheet are set fairly high and the GPF will go.

Hope this is of some help.

Bev. Received on Fri Oct 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message