Q: How to copy an Oracle database ?

From: Peter N. Rasmussen <peter_nr_at_dlh1.dlh.dk>
Date: 1995/10/26

What is the easiest and best way to make an exact copy (except, of course, the database name and filenames) of an Oracle 7 database ?

We have to copy our production database (PROD) to a test database (TEST) on a regular basis. I know one way to do this :

1) full export of the PROD database.
2) create the TEST database the same way the PROD database was created.
3) full import into the TEST database.

Is there a safe way to generate a database create script which is 100% correct, or is there a still better method ??

Any help will be appreciated.

Peter N. Rasmussen
The Teachers University
Copenhagen
Denmark
peter_nr_at_dlh1.dlh.dk Received on Thu Oct 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message